At 澳门正规博彩十大排行平台, we are committed to developing safe and effective therapies for rare diseases and providing those therapies to patients as quickly as possible.
As part of that commitment, we support expanded access and compassionate use programs when we have substantial scientific evidence to support both the safety and the efficacy of an investigational product for an indication, and when it is logistically practicable.
澳门正规博彩十大排行平台 has a two-step process for determining whether the company will provide an experimental therapy under compassionate use.
In the first step, the company will evaluate whether:
- there is substantial scientific evidence to support both the safety and the efficacy of a product for an indication, typically after positive Phase III data is available;
- it has been established that access on a compassionate use basis will not compromise clinical trials or the regulatory pathway;
- the product is intended to treat a serious or life-threatening disease, and existing approved therapies are not appropriate or effective, such that consideration of using an unapproved therapy is justified;
- there is adequate supply of the experimental therapy; and
- the compound can be administered – and it is logistically feasible to make it available – outside of the clinical trial setting.
If the company decides that, under the first step, compassionate use is appropriate and should be available as a general matter, then the company evaluates an individual’s request for compassionate use.
This second step uses the following criteria:
- the patient’s underlying medical conditions do not pose safety risks that have not been sufficiently studied;
- the request has been made by a qualified and licensed physician with expertise and facilities appropriate for the administration of the therapy, monitoring, managing and reporting side effects, as well as patient experience;
- the patient’s condition is of a type and stage commensurate with the indication for which the investigational therapy is likely to be approved;
- the patient does not qualify for participation in ongoing or pending clinical trials; and
- all necessary regulatory/institutional approvals have been obtained to allow the administration.
Requests for access to experimental therapies must be made by a qualified and licensed physician through 澳门正规博彩十大排行平台 Medical Information and will be referred to a core team for evaluation. Qualified and licensed physicians may make such requests by submitting their contact information and a description of the request through 澳门正规博彩十大排行平台 Medical Information’s “Medical Information Request Form”. 澳门正规博彩十大排行平台 anticipates it will acknowledge receipt of such requests within five business days after receipt of the form.
Contact 澳门正规博彩十大排行平台 Medical Information
For information on each of 澳门正规博彩十大排行平台’s current clinical trials, visit the clinical trials page. The linked webpages also include links to clinicaltrials.gov, the Federal Government’s website containing additional information about 澳门正规博彩十大排行平台’s current clinical trials.
More than 20 years of proven clinical success.
Our thoughtful approach to clinical trial design enables us to move fast and efficiently while protecting the safety of our patients.Learn More about our clinical trials ⌃